Facial skin cleansing is the most important step in your skin care routine to keep your skin healthy and looking radiant. Every night before bedtime, its important to clean your face and neck thoroughly with your wash off cleansing balm to remove make-up, dead skin cells, excess oil and any bacteria and pollution you have picked up through out the day.
I know in the morning a lot of people don’t feel the need to cleanse, although I do recommend a quick cleanse. Dab on a tiny amount of the cleansing balm, massaging it around the face and washing it off with your cleansing cloth. Then spray with your toning mist, and continue on with your moisturising balm or moisturising cream to prepare your face and neck for the day ahead. It takes all of two minutes and really is just a habit you need to incorporate into your morning routine. It prepares the skin for make-up and if your going without make-up, it will leave your skin feeling fresh and clean for the day.
I cant stress how important it is to cleanse properly. If the skin is not prepared correctly, then anything you put on afterwards is wasted and wont work to the same benefit. Imaging putting moisturiser on over perspiration that has been sweated out during the night. The moisturiser will attach to whats on the skin and draw it into the skin cells with it. The purpose of the moisturiser is to soak in and it will bring whatever in on the surface of the skin with it so with out proper cleansing your best buy moisturiser will turn into a creamy bacteria ridden salty goo. Not too much skin nourishment for skin cells then.
Follow this simple evening time routine to be guaranteed you will have clean, healthy-looking skin whatever your skin type.
- Fill your basin with hand hot water.
- Dampen areas with heavy make-up such as eyes and lips.
- Using the spatula to take out cleansing balm out of the tin, apply a small amount, massaging it all over the face and neck in circular movements.
- Be careful not to drag the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Add a little extra water over the areas of heavy make-up if you are wearing heavy mascara or lip tint.
- Be patient, sometimes more patience and less rubbing is needed, place your fingers over the area and gently rub the cleansing balm for 20 to 30 seconds to give the make-up a chance to dissolve.
- Rinse one cleansing cloth and wring out, so its damp but not wet.
- Wipe the cloth over the face and neck, rinsing it out as you go before going onto the next area.
- Use your index finger protected by the cloth to get in to the difficult areas, around the nose and under the eyes.
- Finally rinse out your cleansing cloth and allow to air dry.
- Continue with your skin care routine.
A few days of a thorough cleansing routine can work wonders on your skin. Your skin will look brighter and your products will work to their proper benefit.